OpTic Gaming is an American professional entertainment sports (eSports) and entertainment organization with their headquarters in Frisco, Texas. The organization is known to have a Call of Duty team that competes in several events against other teams from different organizations. What is OpTic Gaming history? Who is the owner of OpTic Gaming? What is OpTic Gaming Net Worth? In this article, you will find out all you need to know, and maybe more.
Before you continue reading, you should know that in eSports, the players have usernames in between their real names, and the team’s name in front of their chosen username.
Table of Contents
The History of Optic Gaming
OpTic Gaming was established in 2006, by a Call of Duty team, involving; OpTic Kr3w and Ryan ‘J’ Musselman. In 2007, Musselman made the decision to hand over the team to Hector ‘H3CZ’ Rodriguez. Three years later Rodriguez uploaded a video of the team playing on YouTube. The team started competing in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, with Ryan ‘Fwiz’ Wyatt as the commentator. After a few years, the commentator decided on writing a book that would give details on each OpTic player and their contribution to the organization, the book is called; OpTic Gaming: The Making of eSports Champions.
The book became a New York best-seller, and by 2017 the team had gained a lot of fans and attention on social media. In 2019, Immortals Gaming Club (IGC) acquired OpTic Gaming parent organization ‘Infinite eSports and Entertainment,’ an organization owned by Neil Leibman and co-investor Chris Chaney, who held major interest in OpTic Gaming organization. This move made Hector Rodriguez, the CEO of OpTic Gaming, leave the organization to become a co-CEO in NRG eSports.
In November 6, 2020, ‘100 Thieves,’ an Esports organization owned by a former OpTic player, who left the team when they began to have numerous losses at events, Matthew ‘NaDeshot’ Haag, acquired the slot of IGC, and made the decision to rebrand the team as ‘Los Angeles Thieves.’ Few days later, Rodriguez reacquired the rights to OpTic Gaming name, and also regained the full ownership of the organization. OpTic Gaming net worth must have been affected positively or negatively with the constant change of ownership.
Who is the OpTic Gaming Owner?
Hector Rodriguez is the current CEO and owner of OpTic Gaming team and entertainment company. He is also a Youtuber who posts OpTic Gaming team challenges on his channel.
He was born February 9, 1989, in Texas, United States, and started out as an account analyst. Rodriguez started playing Call of Duty in 2005, and in 2006, he opened his YouTube channel, ‘HECZ,’ which currently has 955k subscribers, and his videos have accumulated over 165 million views. Hector Rodriguez is married to Jade, and the couple have a child together. He currently has a net worth of $2.5 million.
How Does OpTic Gaming Net Worth Grow?
The organization makes money by constantly competing in various gaming events, and most especially winning the grand prizes for those events. They also make money by sponsorship from numerous companies, such as; Red bull.
OpTic Gaming Members
- Hector ‘H3CZ’ Rodriguez as the CEO and owner of OpTic Gaming Organization.
- Raymond ‘Rambo’ Lussier as head coach.
- Troy ‘Sender’ Michael’s as head coach for OpTic Texas.
- Chet ‘Chet’ Singh as coach.
- Davis ‘Hitch’ Edwards as the creative director.
- Blake ‘Blake’ Cissel as a content creator.
- Seth ‘Scump’ Abner as a content creator.
- Matthew ‘FormaL’ Piper as a content creator.
- Nick ‘MaNiaC’ Kershner as a content creator.
- Marcus ‘mBoZe’ Blanks Jr. as a content creator.
- Tyler ‘TeePee’ Polchow as a content creator.
- Zack ‘ZLaner’ Lane as a content creator.
- Jaccob ‘Yay’ Whiteaker as a Valorant player.
- Victor ‘Victor’ Wong as a content creator.
- Jimmy ‘Marved’ Nguyen as a Valorant player.
- Joey ‘Trippy’ Trippy as a content creator.
- Rujan ‘FNS’ Mehta as a content creator.
- Austin ‘Crashies’ Roberts as a content creator.
- Anthony ‘Shotzzy’ Cuevas-Castro as a content creator.
- Indervir ‘Illey’ Dhaliwal’ as a content creator.
OpTic Gaming Awards
The OpTic Gaming team has lost and also won a lot of awards in various events. The outcome of these events decides OpTic Gaming net worth.
- Modern Warfare 2: This was when the team started their first competition in 2010. Unfortunately, they did not end the Major League Gaming (MLG) National Championship 2010 with any wins.
- Black Ops: The next year turned out great for the team. At first they got 3rd place, then made a change to the roster, and NaDeshot was swamped for Rambo, that change made them win the MLG Orlando 2011 tournament, Call of Duty XP, and the GameStop Championship.
- Modern Warfare 3: The OpTic team competed across the United States and Europe and won the eSports Gaming League (EGL) 7 Blackpool, 360 icons Farewell Modern Warfare 3, and the UMG Fort Lee 2012.
- Black Ops 2: Although 2012 and 2013 was not really a great year for the team, they got 2nd place in the MLG Fall Invitational after changing their roster, and replacing Merk with Jkap.
- Advanced Warfare: They won in the UMG/MLG 5k series, MLG 5k series, and the MLG HP 250 series. In 2015, they won in the MLG Pro League COD Advanced Warfare, UMG California, UMG Orlando.
- Black Ops 3: In 2016, they rounded up the year with numerous wins. They won in Crown Melbourne Invitational, Electronic Sports World Convention (ESWC) 2016, the MLG Anaheim Open 2016, and MLG Orlando Open.
- Infinite Warfare: The team placed 2nd in the 2017 Call of Duty World League (CWL) Atlanta Open, and won at both 2017 CWL Paris Open and 2017 CWL Dallas Open. These wins qualified them for 2017 CWL Global Pro League Stage 1. Although they failed at the event, they won 2017 CWL Global Pro League Stage 2. They had amazing victory when they won the Call of Duty Championship, with a prize money of over $1.5 million, and that was a boost for OpTic Gaming net worth.
- Black Ops 4: In 2019, the OpTic team won the CWL Pro League and the CMG Prodown.
Is Melissa Kennedy in a new relationship? Read here to find out.
How Much is the Organization’s Net Worth?
OpTic Gaming net worth is currently $10 million, and they are also adding to their members to form a strong, powerful team of Valorant players.